Back by Popular Demand!
Casual conversations in an informal setting allow you to discuss with others who share your interest in a particular topic. Who knows where the conversations can go, or where it will take you!
Open Table Conversations are scheduled for Friday at 4:30 – 5:30 PM and Saturday 5:15 – 6:15 PM.
FRIDAY, JUNE 10 • 4:30 - 5:30 PM
- The Value of an MFA
Hosted by Steven Hobbs, Professor, College of New Rochelle
- Getting Your Book Considered for Awards: An Inside Perspective on the Sibert Medal
Hosted by Sue McLeaf Nespeca, M.Ed. Early Literacy Specialist and Former Chair of the Sibert Committee
- Tips & Techniques That Hook Readers to Nonfiction
Hosted by Susan Casey, Author
- Back Matter Matters: What Writers, Readers, and Teachers Need to Know
Hosted by Tabitha Rimmer, Indexer, & Susannah Richards, Associate Professor of Education at Eastern Connecticut State University/Consultant
- Creating Your Brand: Does Your Voice, Credibility, and Distinctiveness Set You Apart?
Hosted by Vicki Cobb, Author/Founder of iNK Think Tank and Nonfiction Minute
SATURDAY, JUNE 11 • 5:15 - 6:15 PM
- Social Responsibility and Literacy: How to Help in the Community
Hosted by Joy Haenlein, Program Manager: Connecting through Literacy
- How to Market Your STEM Book While the Topics Are Hot!
Hosted by Jennifer Swanson, Author
- Promoting Our Books Through Engaging Presentations and Story Telling
Hosted by Amalia Hoffman, Author
- Nitty Gritty Details of Doing Interviews
Hosted by Heather Montgomery, Author
- Research for Science and Social Studies Topics
Hosted by Hilarie Staton & Carolyn DeCristofano, Authors
- Telling a Science Story with Narrative Nonfiction Techniques
Hosted by Mary Kay Carson, Author of five Scientist in the Field titles