Today we wanted to share with you the good things about being a cam model. To be honest, we actually believe it’s one of the best jobs you can have. Cam modeling is the only job were you get paid for dancing around in a cat costume while purring and meowing.
1. You can set your own schedule. You can work from 1am-3am, you can work from 5pm-10pm, you can work for 30 minutes or an hour. It’s all up to you and whatever you want.
2. You can log off whenever you want. It’s not like a job were you have to punch out at a certain time. You can log on for 10 minutes if you want to, or stay on for 24 hours straight. Yes, 24 hours straight. I’ve seen a few shows were models do a challenge to see how long they can stay awake. The whole point of cam modeling is to simply be entertaining.
3. If someone pisses you off, you can block them or ignore them. Don’t you wish you could block that bitch at work who you hate? Well, you can if you’re a webcam model.
4. You set your own rules and be your own boss. The power really goes to your head.
5. You’re literally drenched in compliments on the daily. Guys will compliment everything about you and love everything you do whether you are 400lbs or 100lbs. Everything to them will be sexy. They wouldn’t come into your room if they didn’t find you appealing. If you have a pimple on your face, I’m sure some freak out there would find it insanely sexy and would bust a nut to it. It’s a real confidence booster.
6. You don’t have to meet anyone face to face. Unlike prostitution or most other forms of sex work, with webcam modeling you never even have to meet anyone face to face so, for the most part, it’s pretty safe. Webcam sex work is safe sex work. Just try to stay clear of scams and keep your address personal.
7. You can block certain countries or states. If you have family in New York and you don’t want them to know you’re a webcam model, you can just block that particular state or block the whole damn country if you want to.
8. You don’t have to have sex with anyone. This should probably be benefit #1. No worries of pregnancy or STD’s.
9. You don’t have to take your clothes off if you don’t want to. It’s hard, but a few cam models make big bucks without ever having to show any skin. Despite popular belief, webcam modeling is more about socializing than it is about sex. I was a non-nude model for a good majority of my shows. I got bullied a lot by viewers who tried to get me to take my clothes off. You will find that a lot of guys want to see the goods for free and will say anything out of the wood work to get you to take your clothes off. Fuck those guys. If you don’t want to, you don’t have to and cam modeling is about way more than sex. Like I’ve said before, the whole point of cam modeling is to be entertaining. Whether “entertaining” means having an eating contest or playing beer pong or fingering yourself or having sex with your partner is all up to you to decide.
10. Fans buy you gifts. Outside of your usual tips, customers also buy you gifts on your Amazon wishlist.
11. You can use a fake name. If privacy is your concern, no one would have to even know your real name.
12. You meet great people. I’ve met a lot of nice, fun people while camming. It’s a good way to meet friends or even find your future husband/boyfriend. I’ve known a few models who actually end up marrying one of their fans.
13. You never even have to get out of bed. I’ve done many cams shows right in my bed. Shit, you may not even have to take your PJ’s off. Unless you wear a huge grandma nightgown like me.
14. The things you once thought were unattractive suddenly become attractive. Some guys love girls with soft, untoned stomachs, or huge thunder thighs, or A-cup breasts. If you considered these a fault once, specialize in this as a webcam model and you can get a lot of followers.
15. Camming is good therapy and a great creative outlet. It’s always nice to just kick back and talk to the guys and let off some steam. It’s also a good place to let your creative juices flow. You have to be insanely creative to be a cam model. People get bored looking at the same tits and ass every day so you have to switch it up to keep your cash flow. Try cosplay and wigs, and definitely play a lot of game variations like hang man or Jeopardy.
16. Great networking. If you have a blog or a product you’re trying to sell (your artwork, etc), camming really boosts your sells and gets you noticed.
Odd number to stop at, but that’s all we could think of for now, but we’re damn sure there is more. We think you get the point though 🙂